* A great speech about true American heroes (starts at 5:20).
* Mark Perry's latest collection of Thomas Sowell quotes. A taste:
12. Helping the Poor. It was Thomas Edison who brought us
electricity, not the Sierra Club. It was the Wright brothers who
got us off the ground, not the Federal Aviation Administration. It
was Henry Ford who ended the isolation of millions of Americans
by making the automobile affordable, not Ralph Nader.
Those who have helped the poor the most have not been those who
have gone around loudly expressing “compassion” for the poor,
but those who found ways to make industry more productive and
distribution more efficient, so that the poor of today can afford
things that the affluent of yesterday could only dream about.
* A daily scroll through the posts at David Kanigan's Thrive.
* Zen Flash on breaking out of the "prison of seriousness:"