Monday, March 17, 2014

I've been developing a list................

........of the most successful people I know who never managed (or cared) to get a college degree.  The requirements to get on the list are simple:  not being a college graduate; being fifty-sixtyish in age; being a contributing member of our community; working smart enough to have become financially independent;  being able to think for one's ownself;  knowing that learning is a lifetime project; and, realizing that life isn't fair and that it doesn't grade on the curve.   I like my list, mostly because I like hanging around with the people on it.  
     Anyway, what brought this story about my list to mind was this blog post from Mike Munger.  Wee excerpt here: 

For my big finish, I said "Nobody cares about your G.P.A.  You have wasted more than $150,000 here, avoiding an education." 

No comments:

Post a Comment