Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lay these also...............

Whatever man give me
In true devotion:
Fruit or water,
A leaf, a flower:
I will accept it.
That gift is love,
His heart's dedication.


Whatever your action,
Food or worship;
Whatever the gift
That you give to another;
Whatever you vow
To the work of the Spirit:
O Son of Kunti,
Lay these also
As offerings before me.


     Thus you will free yourself from both the good and the evil effects of your actions.  Offer up everything to me.  If your heart is united with me, you will be set free from karma even in this life, and come to me at the last.


My face is equal
To all creation,
Loving no one
Nor hating any.


Nevertheless,
My devotees dwell
Within me always:
I also show forth
And am seen within them.


Though a man be soiled
With the sins of a lifetime,
Let him but love me,
Rightly resolved,
In utter devotion:
I see no sinner,
That man is holy.
Holiness soon
Shall refashion his nature
To peace eternal;
O son of Kunti,
Of this be certain:
The man that loves me,
He shall not perish.


-Verse IX
The Song of God: Bhagavad-Gita
Isherwood/Prabhavananda

No comments:

Post a Comment