Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quotes of the day............

"Last time the world economy melted down, the nations of the developed world tended to turn away from democracy. That did not turn out well. And that is why the institutions of Europe are being set up. The challenge is to preserve democracy through the crisis. Even if it means that things need to get much worse before the people can accept what needs to be done."
-Will Ross, excerpted from here


"Our Constitution remains a miracle of statesmanship even if our health care system is a mess."
Walter Russell Mead, excerpted from here


"I love mornings but some of my best work is done in the evening. The morning has promise but the evening brings silence. Lists are scrutinized and assembled. Letters are composed. Missing answers are found.  I reproach myself for incessant sloth, unwritten books, and undiscovered success. As bedtime approaches, I'll read a little in the Bible and any novel that won't keep me awake. There is so much to do, it could take several lifetimes.................I think I'll check out the sky."
-Michael Wade, from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment