Wednesday, October 10, 2012

C.O. Part 2: Teaching...........................

     Kurt offers an interesting reading list for a semester in High School, "A Civic Study Worth a Damn."  Over the years, but certainly not in high school, I've read most of them.   Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics has been sitting, unread, on the shelf for a long, long time.  Several are the times I picked it up only to say, "nope, not today."
    When I first got to know Kurt, our eldest sons were in the same Cub Scout pack.  We met in his basement to help the pack build, I think, pinewood derby cars.  I spent more time looking at Kurt's library than helping Dan with his car.  The breadth and depth of his collection of historical, political, and classical tomes took my breath away.  That will likely not surprise anyone who follows his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment