Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Regurgitation.............................

Even casual followers of this blog will recognize how much I value the wonder that is YouTube.  So, it was with great interest that I read this quote from Pat Metheny:

"It's an unexpected turn of events for me. When you play that crappy gig in Germany in 1983, it's like, 'OK, we got through that one, and it's behind us.' Then it gets regurgitated 20 years later. The main thing is the way it limits the possibilities now. I used to love going and playing jam sessions, doing things spontaneously. I can't do that anymore. Everything you do is documented, nothing is casual anymore. You can't even have a conversation with someone after the gig, because there's somebody filming it. It turns out the Big Brother thing that was predicted, it's us."

Full interview is here.

thanks mungo

No comments:

Post a Comment