Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tests...............................


     Watching the same things happen again and again, I began to see reality as a gorgeous perpetual motion machine, in which the causes became effects that became causes of new effects, and so on.  I realized reality was, if not perfect, at least what we are given to deal with, so that any problems or frustrations I had with it were more productively directed to dealing with them effectively than complaining about them.  I came to understand that my encounters were tests of my character and creativity.  Over time, I came to appreciate what a tiny and short-lived part of that remarkable system I am, and how its both good for me and for the system for me to know how to interact with it well.

-Ray Dalio,   Principles

No comments:

Post a Comment