Friday, February 17, 2012

The glory that is the English language....

David Kanigan points the way to a grammar lesson covering
twenty common mistakes.  If correct grammar is your thing,
please visit his source, Jon Gingerich.























The following is the best I could do on short notice.  Please note
that sometimes the correct word is in parenthesis and sometimes
it is not.  What a wondrous (wonderful)  language.  Enjoy:

A disinterested (uninterested) person might (may)
wonder if I was anxious (eager) for the golf tourney to begin. 
I had vowed the outcome was going to be different than
(different from) last year.  Since (Because) I had been
continuously (continually) practicing, I was hitting the ball
further (farther) and was using fewer (less) strokes tee to
green.   The new putter which (that) Santa gave me, has
made putting easier.  One affect (effect) of playing better is
that my Sweetie, who (whom) I love very much, let
(allowed) me to bring (take) my clubs on our weekend get
away.  Ironically (coincidentally) the question of 
whether (if) I should play or not was moot as I felt
nauseous (nauseated) after the bumpy plane ride and
never left our hotel room.  Anyway, back to the tourney.  
All that practice has been impactful.  I hope you will not be
upset nor jealous (envious) when I tell you, I  could win this
thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment