Sunday, March 11, 2012

From the Ragamuffin..............

Mother Teresa once said, “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.” Praise won’t contribute to your pride because you know you’re a ragamuffin, dust apart from Christ. Disgrace will not plunge you into despair because you know the Creator loves you to an illogical degree and has declared you an adopted child.
The acceptance of a million people will not change that one bit. The rejection of a million people will not change that one bit. So why do we chase after the voices of the world when they have no bearing on anything regarding our identity? If they are based in truth, they can’t tell us anything regarding it that Christ already hasn’t. If they are based in lies, there’s no point in giving them any mind.
Gaining a hundred pounds won’t change that. Losing every cent I own won’t change that. Die married, die single. God is Father. Become wealthy, become impoverished. Christ is still loving. Achieve admiration, achieve rejection. The Holy Spirit is still within me.
As long as I am faithful, nothing that happens, nothing anyone says, can shake me. And even if I am not faithful, Christ will still be faithful towards me because he has declared me his own — “If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself” (2 Tim. 2:13). As I’ve mentioned before, he’s kind of freaking beautiful like that.

-Thanks Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment