Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rational optimism.....................


Matt Ridley, the author of The Rational Optimist, posts 17 reasons to be cheerful - here.  Excerpt here:
12. We are the luckiest generation
This generation has experienced more peace, freedom, leisure time, education, medicine, and travel than any in history. Yet it laps up gloom at every opportunity. Consumers do not celebrate their wonderful field of choice and, according to psychologists, say they are "overwhelmed." When I go to my local superstore, I do not see people driven to misery by the impossibility of choice. I see people choosing.

Prior comments about Ridley's book here, here, here, here, and here.  There are more, but these should give you the general idea - I liked his book, a lot.

thanks craig

No comments:

Post a Comment