Sunday, September 2, 2012

A few of my favorite things..........


Friend David has started bloggers in my wee little corner of the Intertunnel on the process of naming their top five favorite books of all time.  An impossible task.  It's  like asking which were your five favorite breaths of air.  Of course, David cheated a bit - he named eleven.  He tagged Kurt, who posted five and then tagged me.  Kurt also tagged Michael, who posted ten (although he includes as one  Patrick O'Brian's fabulous Aubry/Maturnin series, which is comprised of  twenty books you must read in this lifetime). Michael tagged Jeff, who posted  five great books plus one (plus some blogging references  for good measure).  Following their lead, I have omitted self-help books (of which I have about ten favorites), biographies, business books, Dr. Seuss (for fear he would dominate), those mentioned in the aforementioned posts, and those featured by Oprah.  My list:

Michael Shaara: Killer Angels
Wendell Berry: The Memory of Old Jack
Rafael Sabatini: Captain Blood
Pat Conroy: The Prince of Tides
Leon Uris: Trinity

Not sure who hasn't been tagged yet, but whoever you are, you're it (Ray).

2 comments:

  1. Great list Steve. All things Conroy should be on every list and somehow I happened to miss it.

    ReplyDelete