Friday, December 7, 2012

Tyranny..................................























Why do I get that uh-oh feeling every time I notice that the mileage number on the little oil change sticker thing on my windshield has been exceeded by the number on my odometer?   I know that my car's motor oil does not need changed every 3,000 miles, even though the sticker says it does.  The friendly Ford Motors owner's manual says to change every 7,500 miles is plenty often enough.  Yet, exceed that magical 3,000 mile number on the sticker and the internal pressure starts to mount.  Turns out I'm not alone.  The psychology behind this pressure to change oil is sort of impressive.  Even though it is a waste of money and stresses our beloved Gaia, we continue to be tyrannized by the little stickers.  Full story is here.

thanks Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment