Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nonsense..........................

"Leadership requires great aristocratic families with long traditions of administration and rule; old ancestral lines that guarantee for many generations the duration of the necessary will and the necessary instincts."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

This quote is a frontispiece quote used by John Davis in his book The Guggenheims: An American Epic.  The Oracle Google is unwilling to divulge the quote's origin.  I am neither a Nietzsche expert nor a fan.  It just doesn't sound like something I would have thought he would say.  Wikipedia says Nietzsche enjoyed using "irony."  Maybe that's it.  Regardless, it has been a long, long time since I've posted a quote I disagree with more than this one.  Just saying.  Makes me want to replay Buster Kilrain's scene from Killer Angels, where his is talking with my hero, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain:




No comments:

Post a Comment