Friday, September 6, 2013

Leadership 101..............................

I suspect I have learned more about leadership by reading The Execupundit blog every day for the past four years than from all other sources combined.  Michael posts it, I read it.   He posted this yesterday as the quote of the day:

I think that I'm a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I'll tell you right now that I'm gonna think I'm a better political director than my political director. 
- Barack Obama

My first reaction was, "Wow, that is pretty arrogant."  My next reaction was, "If you speak the truth, is that arrogance?"  My final thought on the matter was, "He ought to hire better and smarter people."

No comments:

Post a Comment