10 Eternal Truths of the Gentlemanly Life
1. A gentleman says "please" and "thank you" readily and often.
2. A gentleman does not disparage the beliefs of others - whether they relate to matters of faith, politics, or sports teams.
3. A gentleman always carries a handkerchief, and is ready to lend it, especially to a weeping lady, should the need arise.
4. A gentleman never allows a door to slam in the face of another person - male or female, young or old, absolute stranger or longtime best friend.
5. A gentleman does not make jokes about race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, neither does he find such jokes amusing.
6. A gentleman knows how to stand in line and wait his turn.
7. A gentleman is always ready to offer a hearty handshake.
8. A gentleman keeps his leather shoes polished and his fingernails clean.
9. A gentleman admits when he is wrong.
10. A gentleman does not pick a fight.
-How To Be A Gentleman (Revised and Expanded): A Timely Guide To Timeless Manners