Thursday, November 7, 2013

Opening lines.............................

"I've watched through his eyes.  I've listened through his ears, and I tell you he's the one.  Or at least as close as we're going to get."
      "That's what you said about the brother."
      "The brother tested out impossible.  For other reasons.  Nothing to do with his ability."
      "Same with the sister.  And there are doubts about him.  He's too malleable.  Too willing to submerge himself in someone else's will."
      "Not if the other person is his enemy."
      "So what do we do?  Surround him with enemies all the time?"
      "If we have to."
      "I thought you said you liked this kid."
      "If the buggers get him, they'll make me look like his favorite uncle."
      "All right.  We're saving the world, after all.  Take him."

-Orson Scott Card,  Ender's Game

No comments:

Post a Comment