Thursday, May 29, 2014

The not-so-Simple Village Undertaker.......

..............takes steps to undo his powerlessness on a regular basis.  One of the proven successful ways of doing this is to share, in a safe environment, stories of experience, strength and hope.  Back story here.  Excerpt here:

Allow me to introduce myself, I’m the disease of addiction, cunning, baffling, powerful…that’s me. I have killed millions, and I’m pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love to pretend that I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not? Wasn’t I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn’t you call me? I was there. I love to see you hurt. I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry. You can’t feel anything at all. This is true glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment