Monday, August 4, 2014

Is that supposed to be a bad thing...........?

"Yep, you're addicted,"  says David Kanigan, proprietor of the wondrous Thrive tumblr.

Faithful readers will know that I have spent some time with the 12-Step movement.  Step 1:  We admitted we were powerless over _____________ - that our lives had become unmanageable.

Clearly some addictions are more problematic than others, but, as even casual observation will reveal, most of us are addicted to something(s).  I suspect my children would tell you that this is one of mine.  A few of the symptoms:

3. You plan whole afternoons around browsing bookstores.
4.  If you go too long without buying or reading a book you feel a huge sense of withdrawal and are thinking of the next time you can get away to a bookstore or library.


29. You buy more books even if you have a stack of books that haven’t been read yet.

30. And you feel sort of guilty that you haven’t read those books yet but you will! Someday!

1 comment:

  1. I will start reading those books soon I promise as soon as I finish reading the internets

    ReplyDelete