Thursday, February 12, 2015

Me thinks he is over-thinking this...............

Our intrepid statistician calculated the odds on winning the $500,000,000 Powerball prize and decided it just wasn't worth the investment.  I think he makes his mistake in looking at a lottery ticket as a financial investment.  Having already bought my ticket (and in full rationalization mode), I look at it as an investment in an enriched fantasy life.  From that vantage point, I can't think of a better way to spend $2.00. Trust me when I tell you, one can spend hours fantasizing about how to spend/gift the money.  As far as the odds go, two thoughts:   the odds improve the most when you buy the first ticket, and, somebody will eventually win the jackpot.  May the odds be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment