Friday, September 25, 2015

Maximize..................................................


      The way I approach the problem of multiple priorities is by focusing on just one main matrix:  my energy.  I make choices that maximize my personal energy because that makes it easier to manage all of the other priorities.
      Maximizing my personal energy means eating right, exercising, avoiding unnecessary stress, getting enough sleep, and all of the obvious steps.  But it also means having something in my life that makes me excited to wake up.  When I get my personal energy right, the quality of my work is better, and I can complete it faster.  That keeps my career on track.  And when all of that is working, and I feel relaxed and energetic, my personal life is better too.

-Scott Adams, How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big:  Kind of the Story of My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment