Wednesday, March 8, 2017

At last.....................................!


.................The discovery of some unsettled science:  the question of the expansion of the Universe.  The work done by these scientists fascinates me.  I don't understand much about it, and I suspect that, while their knowledge and smarts dwarf mine, they don't either.  What a puzzle!  Still, the question I would like a serious answer to is:  If it is expanding, into what?  And I'm sorry, but this doesn't strike me as much of an answer, or it is an answer that only raises more questions.  For myself, I side with the Huxley quote below.




I am entirely on the side of mystery. I mean, any attempt to explain away the mystery is ridiculous. I believe in the profound and unfathomable mystery of life which has a sort of divine quality about it.

- Aldous Huxley


thanks michael     image via

No comments:

Post a Comment