Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Checking in with....................


......................Archibald Alexander Leach Cary Grant:



My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

There's no point in being unhappy about growing older. Just think of the millions who have been denied the privilege.

Destiny is not necessarily what we get out of life, but rather, what we give.

I am reminded of a piece of advice my father gave me regarding shoes. ...He said it is better to buy one good pair of shoes than four cheap ones. One pair made of fine leather could outlast four inferior pairs and, if well-cared-for, would continue to proclaim your good judgment and taste no matter how old they become.

I've often been accused by critics of being myself on-screen. But being oneself is more difficult than you'd suppose.

To write an autobiography, you've got to expose other people. I hope to get out of this world as gracefully as possible, without embarrassing anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment