Monday, July 10, 2017

30 observations after 30 years..........


Today marks 30 years since a confident young man walked into the back office of Schroder Investment Management in London, to start his first day on the job, the first in his career. Ask me a question back then and I would have answered assuredly and quickly. Today I’d be more likely to say ‘I don’t know’ with just as much confidence.

-so commences this Broadsword Capital post.   Read the whole thing.  Here are a few wee passages:

The lessons stand the test of time. The stocks, companies, and players change, but human nature never changes. We’re all human, even millennials.

Everything is a risk. Getting up, going out, crossing the road, but ultimately I am responsible for everything that happens to me.

Social media is a tough arena. ... Be nice. We all have off days. You never know what’s going on in people’s lives. Everyone’s going through something.

No comments:

Post a Comment