Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The wisdom of Steve Martin...............




“I've heard lots of people lie to themselves but they never fool anyone.”

“I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns out today is.” 

“I would assign every lie a color: yellow when they were innocent, pale blue when they sailed over you like the sky, red because I knew they drew blood. And then there was the black lie. That's the worst of all. A black lie was when I told you the truth. ” 

“I've got to keep breathing. It'll be my worst business mistake if I don't.” 

“It's so hard to believe in anything anymore. I mean, it's like, religion, you really can't take it seriously, because it seems so mythological, it seems so arbitrary...but, on the other hand, science is just pure empiricism, and by virtue of its method, it excludes metaphysics. I guess I wouldn't believe in anything anymore if it weren't for my lucky astrology mood watch.” 

“Despite a lack of natural ability, I did have the one element necessary to all early creativity: naïveté, that fabulous quality that keeps you from knowing just how unsuited you are for what you are about to do.” 

“I have found that-- just as in real life--imagination sometimes has to stand in for experience.”

-much, much more here

Blame Michael.  He started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment