Friday, April 12, 2019

It's not how much money you make.......


.................it's what you do with what you make that counts.  Check out Don "American Pie" McLean's story.   A few important nuggets:

“That’s the problem with being a star or a person with a few bucks. You end up being mollycoddled and you don’t know shit. I’ve known stars who literally were made so dependent on a few people, they didn’t know what to do without them.”

A guy named James Benenson Jr., who was a very wealthy man and was once my business agent, told me, ‘Don’t ever invest in anything that you don’t like and understand.’ If you enjoy it and understand it and analytically it is a good investment, that’s a great thing. Then your money’s doing something that is pleasant for you. It’s not just a number.

 I have two stocks: Google GOOG, +1.10%GOOGL, +1.09%  and Amazon AMZN, -0.05%  , and that’s all. And I plan to hold those because they are the government, as far as I can see. 

via

No comments:

Post a Comment