Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Passion.........................

Those of us who follow the View From the Ledge know that Jeff Kopito is passionate about books ... the real things:  paper, ink, and bindings.  If you asked Jeff to name ten sacred spaces in his world, I'd be willing to bet twenty-five cents that five of them would be small and independent book stores.  Now, I've never met Jeff, but we have become good friends in an Intertunnel sort of way.  Because of that friendship, whenever I mention Kindle on this blog I tend to include the words "sorry Jeff."   Here is our latest exchange:

My comment:    Not being familiar with that work, the Colossus Amazon was consulted.  Since the spot price on a new hardback copy was $77.10, I did the next best thing and (sorry Jeff) Kindleized it. 

Jeff's response:    Actually if you head on over to AbeBooks, you can find if for a couple of dollars. Yeah, a bit worn but well read and respected. Powell's has a copy for $5.50 - and if you try IndieBound, they may even be able to find it for you locally...in a bookstore...I'm just sayin'... :) - J.

Update:   Passion on display here.

1 comment:

  1. Or maybe at the local Indie scroll store. I just really prefer that feel of papyrus. I'm just sayin' . . .

    ReplyDelete