Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A few words from Duke Ellington........
















“Love is supreme and unconditional. Like is nice, but limited.”

“There are 2 rules in life:   Number 1- Never quit.   Number 2 - Never forget rule number 1."

“I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.” 

“A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” 

"By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with."

"A man is a god in ruins."

"You've got to find some way of saying it without saying it."

"Love is indescribable and unconditional. I could tell you a thousand things that it is not, but not one that it is. Either you have it or you haven’t; there’s no proof of it."

"I never had much interest in the piano until I realized that every time I played, a girl would appear on the piano bench to my left and another to my right."

"A goal is a dream with a finish line."

photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment