Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Checking in.........................................

.........................................................with Jorge Luis Borges

La duda es uno de los nombres de la inteligencia.
Doubt is one of the names of intelligence.

En mi juventud probé la mescalina y la cocaína pero enseguida me pasé a los pastillas de menta que me parecieron más estimulantes. Si las drogas producen el mismo efecto que el alcohol, no me interesan. Un borracho es evidentemente ridículo. He estado borracho algunas veces y lo recuerdo como una experiencia muy desagradable para los demás y para mí.
I tried mescaline and cocaine in my youth, but i immediately switched to mint candy, which was more stimulating. I am not interested in drugs if they produce the same effects as alcohol. A drunkard is evidently ridiculous. I have been drunk some times, and I remember them as horrible experiences for me and everyone else.

Ser conservador es una forma de ser escéptico.
Being conservative is a way of being skeptic.

Yo, que me figuraba el Paraíso / Bajo la especie de una biblioteca. 
I have always imagined Paradise as a kind of library

El original es infiel a la traducción.
The original is unfaithful to the translation.

He cometido el peor pecado que uno puede cometer. No he sido feliz.
I have committed the worst sin that can be committed. I have not been happy.

¿De qué otra forma se puede amenazar que no sea de muerte? Lo interesante, lo original, sería que alguien lo amenace a uno con la inmortalidad.
How else can one threaten, other than with death? The interesting, the original thing, would be to threaten someone with immortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment