Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I beg to differ.......................


“Philosophers get attention only when they appear to be doing something sinister--corrupting the youth, undermining the foundations of civilization, sneering at all we hold dear. The rest of the time everybody assumes that they are hard at work somewhere down in the sub-basement, keeping those foundations in good repair. Nobody much cares what brand of intellectual duct tape is being used.” 

-Richard Rorty

Recently stumbled across Rorty's Achieving Our Country.   I am willing to admit that I don't get out much and had not heard of Rorty.  A quick check of  Rorty's Goodreads quotes makes me think I will not be acquiring his books.  Still, it doesn't hurt to read what's on the other guy's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment