Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Clintons......................

Bill:
     "In a nation so fractionalized that each voting block has its own political language, he is multi-lingual.  He does not speak the language of the masses but of each diverse sub-set."
     "It is 2:30 in the morning of Election Day, and Bill Clinton, a middling amateur saxophonist, is playing his true instrument, the crowd."
-Michael Kelly, Things Worth Fighting For

Hillary:
"I guess I’m just different, though. I guess, for some reason, the idea of getting up onstage and desperately trying to be attractive and charismatic enough for the millions of voters nationwide who pick their political leaders like they’re picking the cast of fucking NCIS is sort of off-putting somehow. One thing I do know is that if I did run again in 2016 I would definitely have to work on my ability to talk in a non-condescending way to human beings who should absolutely, positively be condescended to. That’s a real area of improvement for me."
-As quoted in the Onion.  Full, fun-to-read, essay is here

No comments:

Post a Comment