Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Parenting 101......................................

Growing up at Sippican Cottage:

"I used to make a joke when our first son was born: I was dissatisfied with the quality of humans available on this planet, so I made my own.  It doesn't seem like much of a joke to me anymore. I encourage everyone to make your own humans. Making a human involves much, much more than fifteen minutes in the back seat of a car. You've got to raise 'em up. Like the charming kids in the video, they'll help you raise themselves properly, if you'll just let them. Micromanagement won't produce a viable adult. Don't forget to sprinkle some  Laissez faire in there, dudes and dudettes."

Lord knows I've sprinkled my share of laissez faire.  Hope it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment