Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Beyond a shadow of doubt........................

 
     I don't know much.  But I know that each time I see something heartbreaking on the news, each time I encounter a problem outside, the answer to the problem is inside.  The problem is always me and the solution is always me.  If I want my world to be less vicious, then I must become more gentle.  If I want my children to embrace other children for who they are, to treat other children with the dignity and respect every child of God deserves, then I had better treat other adults the same way.  And I better make sure that my children know beyond a shadow of doubt that in God's and their father and my eyes, they are okay.  They are loved as they are.  Without a single unless.  Because the kids who bully are those who are afraid that a secret part of themselves is not okay.

-Glennon Doyle Melton,  Carry On, Warrior:  The Power of Embracing Your Messy Beautiful Life

No comments:

Post a Comment