Friday, August 28, 2015
Checking in with Billy Penn..................
184. If we take issue with everything that is disputable, our dispute would be endless.
214. If we would change the world, we should change ourselves; and teach our children to be, not what we are, but what they should be.
237. Do good with what you have, or it will do you no good.
238. Seek not to be rich, but happy. The one lies in bank accounts and portfolios, the other in content; which wealth can never give.
239 We are apt to call things by wrong names. We call prosperity, happiness; and adversity, misery; though adversity is the school of wisdom, and often the way to eternal happiness.
249. Too few know when they have enough; and fewer know how to spend it wisely.
307. Humility and knowledge in poor clothes, excel pride and ignorance in costly attire.
308. Neither despise, nor oppose, what you do not understand
-William Penn, Some Fruits Of Solitude In Reflections and Maxims (1682)
back story on statue of Penn here