Monday, January 6, 2014

On sci-fi movies......................

A few days ago, your friendly neighborhood blogger linked to a list of the top-ten scientist ranked science fiction/fantasy movies.  Friend Jeff, who has probably forgotten more about sci-fi movies than I ever knew, sent the following comment to that post:

The problem with lists is that they're always incomplete. How Forbidden Planet was left out I don't know. And if you're going to include Jurassic Park, then what about King Kong, Mighty Joe Young, Rodan, Mothra, and Beast from 20,000 Fathoms? Then there's The Fly (original version with Vincent Price) and The Thing (original version with Marshal Dillon as the monster), Attack of the Crab Monsters, and I just might even add The Three Stooges Go To Mars. Okay - that last one might not make the top ten but it scared me out of the theatre... :) 

A cursory review of YouTube Central did not turn up a clip of the The Three Stooges Go To Mars.  It did, however, turn up this:

1 comment:

  1. Okay - I may have done a mashup of The Three Stooges in Orbit, Three Stooges in Have Rocket Will Travel, and Abbott & Costello Go to Mars. But that last one most likely not. All I remember was a square headed martian at which point I grabbed my stomach and told by budz I wasn't feellng well. Heck - I was only eight years old!

    And let's no forget The Incredible Shrinking Man and it's gender alter ego, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. That one really got the hormones going...heh...

    - J.

    ReplyDelete