Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Feeling good.................


















It was getting hungry out yesterday afternoon and, on my way
back to the office after showing a building, fast food was on my
mind.  Our town's commercial thoroughfare is just like your
town's commercial thoroughfare - every fast food option in the
world, with a few slow food places thrown in for good measure.

Tired of McDonald's, mad at Burger King for changing their
fries, having Chinese for dinner, oh wait, here's Arby's.
I'm not a big fan of Arby's curly fries, but I do like their roast
beef with Swiss cheese so I parked in their lot and entered
their store.

Having eaten a zillion meals in fast food restaurants, I am pretty
certain that happy positive attitudes are not typically on most of
their menus.   Ahh, but today was different.  The Arby's crew
was, to a person, happy, cheerful, and laughing, both among
themselves and with the customers.  The service was friendly
and attentive.  They were clearly enjoying themselves, their jobs,
and each other.  That kind of attitude is contagious.  While I
was in a good mood when I walked in, I was in an even
better mood when I walked out.   Thanks for the treat Arby's,
oh, and thanks for the apres-lunch mint too.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't been to a fast food restaurant in years - but I've been know to have a hankering for hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut from the street vendors in NYC. I know, I know - their nickname is "dirty water doggies". But maybe there is something in the water as they say...

    Factoid - know where the name "Arby's" comes from? Their signature sandwich used to be (still is?) roast beef on a bun. Roast beef = RB = Arby's. My wife thought I was a genius. My kid thinks I need to get a new life.

    Getting old is not for cowards.. :)

    - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you see a happy positive fast food crew you can be sure you're looking at a place with a really good manager.

    ReplyDelete