Saturday, April 6, 2019
Friday, April 5, 2019
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
...................about investing—and about life its ownself:
"Investing doesn't have to be about beating others or beating the market. It's about not beating yourself."
"Begin your assessment with a prayer of thanks. Every creative journey has its rewards. It’s never wasted time. Put your disappointments aside and look for your bounty."
-Danny Gregory, from this blog post
Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.
Monday, April 1, 2019
Sunday, March 31, 2019
The information available to everyone on the planet is growing at an exponential rate. Anyone with a smartphone today has better mobile phone capabilities than the president of the Unites States did 25 years ago. We have better access to information than the president had 15 years ago. We now have an unprecedented amount of information at our fingertips anytime we want it. . . .
Information flow will only continue to speed up in the future, so we have ourselves a conundrum. It will become more and more important to separate the meaningful from the meaningless as most people will be continuously trying to drink from the fire hose of information instead of focusing on the truly important areas that they can control.
-Ben Carlson, from A Wealth Of Common Sense: Why Simplicity Trumps Complexity In Any Investment Plan
The first ten:
1. You can’t change other people, and it’s rude to try.
2. It is a hundred times more difficult to burn calories than to refrain from consuming them in the first place.
3. If you’re talking to someone you don’t know well, you may be talking to someone who knows way more about whatever you’re talking about than you do.
4. The cheapest and most expensive models are usually both bad deals.
5. Everyone likes somebody who gets to the point quickly.
6. Bad moods will come and go your whole life, and trying to force them away makes them run deeper and last longer.
7. Children are remarkably honest creatures until we teach them not to be.
8. If everyone in the TV show you’re watching is good-looking, it’s not worth watching.
9. Yelling always makes things worse.
10. Whenever you’re worried about what others will think of you, you’re really just worried about what you’ll think of you.
"I find in the universe so many forms of order, organization, system, law, and adjustment of means to ends, that I believe in a cosmic intelligence and I conceive God as the life, mind, order, and law of the world."
larger image, and description, via