Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A new release from one of our favorites, the house band at Sippican Cottage.......

Unorganized Hancock..................................Minor Swing




Back story here.  A few excerpts here:


" ... so I decided to teach him swing drumming. I cannot play the drums properly, but that doesn't matter. I'm his music teacher."

"What possessed the big one to try Django Reinhardt in the first place is beyond me. I think he got tired of people asking him if he could play Sultans of Swing. I think this is his way of offering proof that yes, he could; and no, he won't."

Seems like the boys could use some upgrades in equipment.  One of the neatest things is, if you hit the tip jar and send them some spare change, in a few days the post man will deliver you a hand-written thank you note from the boys.  Try it, you'll like it.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment