Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Can't wait to see how it all turns out...........

One of Sunday's posts linked to Walter Russell Mead opining on the "free fall" of American foreign policy in the Middle East.  On the surface, I have difficulty understanding our current foreign policy.  All I believe for certain is that our current president's predecessor's decision to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam will be looked at by historians fifty years from now as one of the all-time great blunders.  The execution of said decision certainly has led to the Mother of All Unintended Consequences.  What a mess.  The voices raised against the president's treatment with Iran are loud and persuasive.  But, I'm not convinced they offer a better suggestion.  Feel free to call me confused about the Middle East;   I won't be offended.  One of the reasons I just purchased The Fall of the Ottomans was to add some contextual knowledge.  I'll let you know how that turns out.  In the meantime, I'm just going to go along with Roger Cohen in his recent NYT op-ed:

"I like the current inconsistencies in President Obama’s Middle East policy."

No comments:

Post a Comment