Wednesday, May 9, 2012

But seriously folks...............

From the 1978 studio album of that name (with the Eagles mostly sitting in)

Joe Walsh.........................................................Life's Been Good




I have a mansion forget the price 
Ain't never been there they tell me it's nice 
I live in hotels tear out the walls 
I have accountants pay for it all 


They say I'm crazy but I have a good time 
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime 
Life's been good to me so far 



My Maserati does 185 
I lost my license now I don't drive 
I have a limo ride in the back 
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked 


I'm making records my fans they can't wait 
They write me letters tell me I'm great 
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall 
Just leave a message maybe I'll call 

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through 
Everybody says I'm cool (He's cool) 
I can't complain but sometimes I still do 
Life's been good to me so far 


I go to parties sometimes until four 
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door 
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame 
Everybody's so different I haven't changed 


They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time 
Everybody says Oh yeah (Oh yeah) 
I keep on going guess I'll never know why 
Life's been good to me so far

1 comment:

  1. He is crazy, but talented. Been a fan since 1975 and do love this song

    ReplyDelete