Saturday, February 3, 2018

On dreams.............................


"I had a dream that feels important, but I don't know for sure."

"I guess that would depend on whom you believe."

"How so?"

"William Shakespeare called dreams the 'children of an idle brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy.'"

"What's my other choice?"
"Dreams have also been called a sign of ambition.  I think the quote was" 'Dreams, indeed, are ambition; for the very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.'"

"And who said that?"

"That was also William Shakespeare."

"He couldn't make up his mind?"

She shrugs.  "I would say if it feels important it probably is.  Our subconscious can be downright persistent in prodding us along our path, even if it is a road we'd rather not travel."

-Camron Wright,  The Rent Collector

No comments:

Post a Comment