Saturday, April 23, 2022

Checking in..............................

.............with Michel de Montaigne:

 The most certain sign of wisdom is cheerfulness. 

We should tend our freedom wisely.

To distract myself from tiresome thoughts, I have only to resort to books; they easily draw my mind to themselves and away from other things.

We can be knowledgeable with another man's knowledge, but we can't be wise with another man's wisdom.

He who establishes his argument by noise and command, shows that his reason is weak.

Let us give Nature a chance; she knows her business better than we do.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.

Ease crushes us.

A man with nothing to lend should refrain from borrowing.

There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees.

I quote others only in order the better to express myself

No comments:

Post a Comment