Sunday, December 18, 2011

Meeting the most amazing people.................























.............without actually meeting them.  That, for me, has been
the one most unexpected, yet valuable, return on my blogging
investment.

Jeff Kopito publishes the View From the Ledge blog.  I have
been a faithful follower since first being led there eighteen months
ago.  Jeff is a cancer survivor.  That experience, of which he has
shared bits hand pieces in various posts, has colored his world.

Jeff starts his latest post, "It’s time I came clean."   He has
been volunteering:

"As part of their support program, they match me up with newly diagnosed cancer patients who have had the same clinical diagnosis and similar treatment plan as I did. These patients or caregivers can then begin contact so we can walk thru the process of treatment and recovery together. There I can provide support and guidance in this frightening landscape in real-time, with a real voice."

The notion of supporting cancer patients has become his vision
and his mission.  Naturally, he has created a second blog,
GettingCancer {get (v.) - to acquire, understand, confront}

Cancer is a very personal and intimate disease. And most likely the most devastating diagnosis you will ever receive. I hope to relieve that burden. And provide for you what I can.

I am proud of you Jeff.  Thanks for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment