Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sufficient.........................


“I think there’s a big problem in the church. I think everyone thinks if you have struggles in your life it’s because you’re not really filled with the Holy Spirit, or you’re not really reading your Bible daily, or you’re doing something wrong. I think life, by nature, is a struggle. You know, whether or not you believe in the health, wealth, and prosperity doctrine, the ideas of that… have polluted almost all of our thinking about Christianity — where we think that a really great Christian is someone who does not struggle.”
“But the Apostle Paul was a man who was obviously filled with the Spirit, a man who obviously had studied the Scriptures, a man who had had an authentic encounter with the living Christ, and he prays to God and says, ‘Lord, I beg you to take this thorn from my flesh.’ Paul says, ‘Lord, I’ve been praying for you to take away this infirmity of mine, and you haven’t.’”
“And God looks down on him and DOESN’T say, ‘Yeah, it’s because you’re so spiritually immature.’ God didn’t look down on him and say, ‘Well, it’s because you don’t have enough faith.’ God didn’t look at Paul and say, ‘Well, you know, if you would just get up earlier and pray a couple more hours in the morning’ or ‘If you would just memorize another ten psalms.’ He didn’t say any of that. He merely said to Paul, ‘Hey, my grace is plenty. My grace is sufficient.’”
– Rich Mullins

1 comment: