Sunday, December 29, 2013

Verse.......................

          Whatever man gives me
           In true devotion:
           Fruit or water,
           A leaf, a flower:
           I will accept it.
           That gift is love,
           His heart's dedication.

           Whatever your action,
           Food or worship;
           Whatever the gift
           That you give to another;
           Whatever the vow
           To the work of the spirit:
           O Son of Kunti,
           Lay these also
           As offerings before me.

     Thus you will free yourself from both the good and the evil effects of your actions.  Offer up everything to me.  If your heart is united with me, you will be set free from karma even in this life, and come to me at the last.

-an excerpt from Chapter IX
The Song of God: Bhagavad-Gita
as translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment