Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Continuing a theme........................

Yesterday, we linked to a Mike Munger post about the importance being a person  "who will take risks, and learn new things that are too hard to master on the first go."  Today we link to The Onion and the man "Who Knows What He Wants And Goes After Something More Realistic."  Two wee excerpts:
I’m a man who’s always had lofty goals. And it’s my firm belief that you should constantly be envisioning a brighter future for yourself. But what separates me from the rest of the pack is that when I see something that I desire, I don’t hesitate for one second: I immediately lower my gaze and shoot for something much, much easier to achieve..................Take my career, for instance. I always pictured myself as a successful architect, designing gleaming modern buildings that bear my name. So when the opportunity came up to pursue the subject at college, study hard to get ahead in the notoriously tough field, and begin the long journey to prominence by interning at a local architecture firm, I didn’t think twice. Nope, I enrolled in communications instead because I heard it was easy and then coasted by with a 2.6 GPA.

Aiming for funny, The Onion settles for sadness.


















via

No comments:

Post a Comment