Thursday, May 22, 2014

A little bit more.........................

.........................from Sir Thomas Browne (1605-1682):

There is no man alone, because every man is a Microcosm, and carries the whole world about him.

I could never divide myself from any man upon the difference of an opinion, or be angry with his judgement for not agreeing with me in that, from which perhaps within a few days I should dissent myself.

We all labour against our own cure, for death is the cure of all diseases.

They that endeavour to abolish vice destroy also virtue, for contraries, though they destroy one another, are yet the life of one another.

I can cure the gout or stone in some, sooner than Divinity, Pride, or Avarice in others.

Be charitable before Wealth makes thee covetous.

That some have never dreamed is as improbable as that some have never laughed.

Pursue Virtue virtuously.

The created World is but a small Parenthesis in Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment