Thursday, November 20, 2014

Opening paragraphs...............................

I've made a list of more than a hundred diets.  The Mediterranean diet.  The USDA diet.  The Michael Pollan eat-what-your-grandparents-ate diet.  The Blood-Type diet.  The Paleo diet.  The Okinawa diet.  Veganism.  Raw foodism.  Not to mention the more outre ones, like The Cookie Diet.  The Rastafarian diet.  The Master-Cleanse diet.
     I want to try them all.  Well, maybe not The Taco Bell Drive-Thru Diet (it exists).  But most of the others.  Eventually, that is.  The thing is, studies show that if you switch habits too rapidly, the changes won't stick.  So my plan is to wade into my new diets slowly, like my five-year-old entering a chilly pool.
     Which is how I've decided on my first dietary reforms:  more chocolate, booze, and coffee.

-A. J. Jacobs,  Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment