Monday, June 29, 2015

On the pace of change.....................................

The typical path of how people respond to life-changing inventions is something like this:
  1. I've never heard of it. 
  2. I've heard of it but don't understand it.
  3. I understand it, but I don't see how it's useful.
  4. I see how it could be fun for rich people, but not me.
  5. I use it, but it's just a toy.
  6. It's becoming more useful for me. 
  7. I use it all the time.
  8. I could not imagine life without it. 
  9. Seriously, people lived without it?

As excerpted from this Morgan Housel essay on "Why It Feels Like We're Falling Behind."  Don't believe the pessimists Housel counsels.   Life changers have been invented.  We aren't aware of them yet. Just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment