Thursday, July 21, 2016

Opening paragraphs........................


     I'm often credited with the motto, "Only the paranoid survive."  I have no idea when I first said this, but the fact remains that, when it comes to business, I believe in the value of paranoia.  Business success contains the seeds of its own destruction.  The more successful you are, the more people want a chunk of your business and then another chunk and then another until there is nothing left.  I believe that the prime responsibility of a manager is to guard constantly against other people's attacks and to inculcate this guardian attitude in the people under his or her management.

-Andrew S. Grove,  Only The Paranoid Survive:  How to Exploit the Crisis Points That Challenge Every Company and Career

No comments:

Post a Comment