Sunday, April 8, 2018

But I don't think he is talking about Facebook....


     So having a calling one is obsessively passionate about can bring success and fulfillment, but it can also crowd out relationships, which are key to happiness.  Harvard researcher Shawn Archor echoed this, "People who survive stress the best are the ones who actually increase their social investments in the middle of stress, which is the opposite of what most of us do.  Turns out that social connection is the greatest predictor of happiness we have when I run them in my studies."    What was number four in that list of biggest regrets of the dying?  "I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends."

-Eric Barker,  Barking Up The Wrong Tree:  The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment